• A multi-layer, reduced-compression bandage system. Profore Lite is best used on ankle circumferences greater than 18cm or 7¼ inches (padded).
• The PROFORE Lite system is designed to deliver effective compression to successfully manage “mixed” aetiology leg ulcers. It may also be used to manage venous ulcers in patients with ABPIs between 0.6 and 0.8 who cannot tolerate the full compression of standard PROFORE or PROFORE LF.
• PROFORE Lite provides higher pressure at the ankle, with decreasing pressure exhibited at the calf to help improve upward blood flow.
• For up to a full week after application, the PROFORE Lite system maintains effective levels of compression.
• The PROFORE Lite system helps ensure that bony prominences are padded for protection. The multi-layer system means that compression is built up gradually, thus minimising the danger of application error.
• PROFORE Lite has sufficient absorptive capacity to manage exudate for up to a full week without the need for reapplication. During the initial phase of therapy you may experience increased wound drainage as the compression system actively manages the edema. If strike through happens, remove the PROFORE Lite system and apply another.
• Weekly dressing changes reduce nursing time and therefore help reduce costs associated with the management of venous leg ulcers.
• PROFORE Lite system contains everything necessary for the application of effective, sustained, graduated compression therapy. PROFORE Lite reduces preparation time, simplifies stock control and ensures that the correct components are always available.
• Each system pack contains the following:
One PROFORE WCL Sterile Wound Contact Layer
• Helps protect the wound site and help wick away exudate into the absorbent padding.
One PROFORE #1 absorbent padding bandage
• Helps absorb exudate and helps protect bony prominences.
One PROFORE #2 light conformable bandage
• Helps absorb exudate and helps prepare and sculpt the leg for the application of the pressure layers.
One PROFORE #4 cohesive compression bandage
• Helps maintain continuous compression and keeps the system in place for up to a full week.