Rocket® IPC is indicated for intermittent, long term drainage of symptomatic, recurrent, pleural effusion, unresponsive malignant pleural effusions and abdominal ascites. Rocket® IPC offers an alternative long term method of managing pleural and peritoneal ascites allowing patients to be managed in the community which offers significant advantages:
- Early discharge Minimised repeat admission.
- Improved quality of life
- Improved control over discomfort and breathlessness
- Reduced cost Unique Flow Control:
- Gives patients or carer total control over fluid flow
- Significantly reduces discomfort during drainage
- Reduces risk of accidental vacuum release prior to catheter connection