Rainbow Trays™ comprise three separate trays;
The Main Tray for routine drugs
The Local Tray for local anaesthetics needing to be kept seperate from the routine drugs to avoid accidental use and
The Emergency Tray for drugs only to be used in emergency situations.
Current practice for the transportation and storage of anaesthetic drugs prior to administration usually involves all the drugs being placed in a single non-compartmentionalised tray made from either paper pulp or polypropylene.
This means that drugs can be swapped or misplaced and the respective ampoule is not at hand for quick checking prior to administration.
Rainbow Trays deliver on four important issues:
- Supports the ASTM critical care colour code labelling system
- Standardises the logical progression of use from induction to reversal
- Physical separation of all drug types to reduce the risk of syringe swaps
- Complete segregation of emergency and local anaesthetics
- Keeps relevant ampoule with syringe for effective double checking
- Bacteriostatic material will not harbour any bacterial growth
- No dispersal of harmful pulp fibres in operating area
- Single use trays
- The AAGBI & RCoA critical care labelling system for anaesthetic drugs is internationally recognised as an ASTM standard.
- This means that any healthcare professional worldwide will instantly understand the Rainbow TrayTM system and be able to use the trays with virtually no instruction.
- They are simple and effective in design and fully support an established mode of practice
This configuration enables the routine, local and emergency drugs to be clearly separated with the two smaller trays being situated beneath the main routine tray if desired.
100% Recyclable Rainbow Trays. Made using recycled material
'The only Environmentally Sustainable drugs tray supporting a circular economy for medical plastics in healthcare'
All Rainbow Trays products are manufactured in clean room conditions using recycled material.
The recycled content is average 80%.
The disposable insert trays are manufactured using minimum thickness plastic to reduce the volume of plastic used.
Each tray has less plastic than a small drinks bottle
Every part of Rainbow Trays is 100% recyclable
Reusing and Recycling medical plastics is more environmentally sustainable and cost efficient than landfill or incineration.
The carton contains:
1 x Main Base Tray
1 x Local Base Tray
1 x Emergency Base Tray
100 x Inserts per base tray type
Main Tray Colour Guide
- Orange Hypnotics
- Blue Opioids
- Yellow Induction agents
- Red Muscle relaxants
- Salmon Anti-emetics
- White Misc. including antibiotics
- Red/White Reversal agents