Incentive spirometers are used to help keep patients’ lungs healthy when they are weakened and recovering. The breathing exercises are designed to help patients take long deep breaths, similar to a yawn. The deep breathing improves the ability to clear mucus from the lungs and may also increase the amount of oxygen getting into the lungs.
The PORTEX CliniFLO® Flow Breathing Exerciser by Smths Medical is ideal for therapy in geriatric, pediatric or weakened patients. With flow settings from 100ml/sec to 600ml/sec, virtually any patient can sustain the minimum inspiratory effort required for effective therapy. Slow inspirations enhance collateral ventilation and minimise patient discomfort when performing post-surgical breathing exercises.
- O2 port makes it easy to provide oxygen during therapy
- Preassembled popple tubing, mouthpiece and instructions.
- Six flow settings from 100ml/sec to 600ml/sec
- Large yellow inspiratory flow indicator
- Compact size w/bedrail holder
- Built-in handle
- Dial location on back of unit
- Allows the patient to measure their progress in lung function
- Provides immediate patient feedback
- Easy to train